Feast Magazine is seeking a Creative Director to help develop and manage a new food-focused digital platform. The Creative Director will oversee art direction and visual storytelling as well as day-to-day management of contributing photographers and videographers.
The perfect candidate will be:
- Inspired by how photography can enhance – and even eclipse – a story
- Excited to cultivate a cadre of photographers and videographers across the country
- Driven by the creative process as well as deadlines and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Willing to collaborate with the editorial team to ensure we capture the essence of whatever story is being told
- Interested in creating and building audience through compelling imagery and video
- Able to create unique, eye-catching graphics for editorial, social and advertorial platforms within the brand standards
- Comfortable working in the editorial as well as the advertorial space
- Create and maintain the magazine’s brand image and standard
- Cultivate relationships with a broad contingent of freelance photographers and videographers, including internal Lee contributors
- Manage and maintain strict freelance budgets
- Assign and edit weekly feature shoots and photo essays
- Collect image assets for recipe collections, travel pieces, etc.
- Create daily web and social media graphics
- Develop video content with remote crews, overseeing production from start to finish
- BA in art, design or related field
- Minimum 7 years progressive experience in art direction for magazines or for a marketing firm
- Experience in food photography and videography strongly preferred
- Please send your resume, a cover letter, at least 3 to 5 examples of published pieces you’ve art directed plus examples of graphic design work and 3 professional references to publisher Catherine Neville at email@example.com.
This is a St. Louis based position; however, a remote, work-from-home, position could be considered for the right candidate (preferably within one of our markets).
Lee offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news and information, and a major platform for advertising in 77 markets in 26 states, with daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 350 specialty publications. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.