Feast is seeking experienced food writers and photographers in the state of Missouri, eastern Kansas and southern Illinois for print and online freelance opportunities.
Qualified writing candidates must demonstrate a strong knowledge of the food scene and a passion for cooking, beer, wine, cocktails, restaurants and all things culinary.
Print and Digital Writers
- Be able to conduct in-depth interviews and reporting with accuracy
- Assertively pursue assignment contacts and consistently meet deadlines
- Pitch story ideas and follow leads in collaboration with the editorial team
- Independently research, report and break news stories
- Produce clear, concise and accurate stories
- Turn around stories in a timely fashion
- Write short pieces comprehensively
- Follow AP style and accurately follow in-house style guides
To apply, please email a résumé and three to five writing samples to editor in chief Heather Riske at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Feast is also seeking experienced, creative and self-motivated food photographers in and around Columbia, Missouri, for print and online freelance opportunities.
- Have completed formal photography training or have proven industry experience and a strong portfolio
- Be a conceptual photographer and able to convey ideas and concepts through visuals
- Have a fundamental understanding of photography and strong sense of composition
- Be proficient in Photoshop
You might be a great fit if you:
- Are a visual creative with a keen eye for superior aesthetics
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to collaborate and partner with professional clients
- Are self-driven and able to work independently as well as follow creative direction
- Passionate and excited about on-trend photography, design and technology
- Have sharp attention to detail and consistency
To apply, please email a résumé and three to five photography samples to art director Alexandrea Povis at email@example.com. No phone calls please.