Feast Magazine is seeking a Copyeditor & Fact Checker to help launch and manage a new food-focused digital platform. Our Copyeditor & Fact Checker will establish and maintain the brand’s standards and ensure accuracy and adherence to proper style in everything we publish.
The perfect candidate will be:
- A nitpicker of copy
- A grammar nerd
- Able to work within a fast-paced editorial environment, handling a large volume of tasty food-related content accurately
- Willing to work within a broad contingent of freelancers as well as in-house editors to enforce and maintain house style
- Excited to contribute as a writer as well as an editor
- Interested in assisting the team with freelance management, social media development, newsletter creation and all other aspects of the magazine
Our copyeditor & fact checker will:
- Ensure accuracy and editorial integrity of all content
- Edit all copy to fit Feast's house style
- Meet all deadlines
- Assist with writing and publishing the newsletter
- Write copy as needed
- BA in journalism or communications or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in magazine or newspaper editing
- Experience in food journalism preferred, but not required
- Please send your resume, a cover letter, at least 3 to 5 examples of published work you’ve edited – preferably originals and final versions of each – and 3 professional references to publisher Catherine Neville at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a St. Louis-based position; however, a remote, work-from-home, position could be considered for the right candidate (preferably within one of our markets).
Lee offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news and information, and a major platform for advertising in 77 markets in 26 states, with daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 350 specialty publications. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.