Feast Magazine, an award-winning regional culinary publication that covers the entire state of Missouri, eastern Kansas and southern Illinois, is seeking a Kansas City-based sales manager who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and wants to play a key role in the expansion of a well-respected and established media brand.
We are looking for a highly organized and driven sales management professional, a motivated self-starter who excels in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment, enjoys the consultative selling process and wants to build strong, lasting relationships with clients and account managers across the state. This opportunity offers a competitive base salary plus generous bonus plan built to incentivize revenue creation and strong revenue growth.
- Collaborate with Feast’s publisher and the St. Louis-based team to organize and implement a sales strategy targeted toward growth across all Feast platforms
- Cultivate and maintain a base of business while also managing a Kansas City-based sales team
- Maintain positive results through strategic planning, monitoring and appraising goal-driven sales efforts
- Work to determine sales objectives by forecasting and developing monthly and annual sales goals for regions and territories; project expected sales volume on a monthly basis; create p&ls for new products
- Build and maintain Feast's region-wide client base, including strategic alliances with key local and regional brands to maximize Feast's exposure and reach
- Create new sources of revenue through partnerships and sponsorships; implement creative and impactful sales opportunities and strategies
Skills and Abilities
- High level of organization and demonstrated leadership ability
- Outstanding presentation skills; demonstrated ability to close sales through consultative selling
- Ability to support and motivate sales teams
- Sales planning, targeting and forecasting
- Territory and target management
- At least five years of proven sales and management experience, media sales a strong plus
- Proven individual sales success
- Marketing background a plus
Send cover letter, resume and at least three references to:
Catherine Neville, Publisher
8811 Ladue Road, Suite D}
Ladue, MO 63124
No phone calls, please.
Per company policy, all applicants considered for employment at Lee Enterprises must pass a post-offer drug screen and background screening and driving history report prior to commencing employment.