Feast Magazine is seeking a Social Media and Digital Strategist to help launch and grow a new food-focused digital platform. The Social Media and Digital Strategist will build the platform’s audience, reach and engagement through social media and SEO strategy.
The perfect candidate will be:
- Driven by engagement and audience growth
- Focused on developing social media strategies to reach the biggest and most relevant audience possible
- Fascinated by SEO strategy and always working to ensure top search result rankings
- Constantly on top of digital trends and developments
- Willing to collaborate with a large, disparate team
- Interested in food and cooking and able to translate the passion of our subjects into effective social campaigns
- Comfortable working in the editorial as well as the advertorial space
Our social media and digital strategist will:
- Refine and maintain the flow of our web presence in collaboration with the editorial and Lee’s existing digital teams
- Create and consistently build a social media presence that engages our audience and drives traffic to our site
- Actively work to create and execute a strategy to quickly build meaningful engagement and audience
- Ensure optimal site SEO
- Write content as needed
- Assist content director with updating and maintaining the website and newsletter
- BA in Marketing
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in digital and social media strategy within a marketing firm or media brand
- Experience managing strategy for a food-related platform strongly preferred
- Please send your resume, a cover letter, links to 3 to 5 professional social media accounts you’ve managed along with data on those platforms’ audience growth and reach along with 3 professional references to publisher Catherine Neville at email@example.com.
This is a St. Louis-based position; however, a remote, work-from-home, position could be considered for the right candidate (preferably within one of our markets).
Lee offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news and information, and a major platform for advertising in 77 markets in 26 states, with daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 350 specialty publications. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.