Good news for those who like to shop local: A new farmers' market is opening in Richmond Heights this spring.
Created in partnership with the founders of the much-loved Tower Grove Farmers Market, The Boulevard Farmers Market will be held from 10am to 2pm on the first Sunday of every month. The market will kick off in May and run through September.
Located on The Boulevard, the dining and shopping district home to Maggiano's, Crate & Barrel, Loft and more, the new farmers' market will feature a handful of local farmers and food-and-drink producers. The vendors were curated with the help of Patrick Horine, who co-founded the Tower Grove Farmers Market in 2006.
"We are always interested in finding new outlets for our farmers to reach more customers," Horine said in a statement. "The Sunday market at The Boulevard presents a wonderful opportunity for us to pursue our mission to increase the availability of local foods in the St. Louis region."
Vendors at the inaugural market include:
- Dang Good Produce (fruits and vegetables)
- Robins Apiaries (honey)
- Dierks Farm (beef and pork)
- Honey Locust Hills (jams and jellies)
- Nutty Bites (sweet and spicy nut blends)
- Made Fare Co. (specialty granola)
- Prioritized Pastries (vegan and gluten-free baked goods)
- The Tamale Man (frozen and ready-to-eat tamales)
The Boulevard Farmers Market will be held from 10am to 2pm on the first Sunday of every month from May through September.