Craft beer brewer Excel Brewing Co. unveiled its new look with five new beers and a seasonal Oktoberfest ale. The introduction will be the first phase of Excel’s plans for additional distribution in the St. Louis area.
“We are quite excited about our new beers because the taste testing has been quite positive on all beers,” said head brewer Rod Burguiere in a statement. “Plus, we love our new simpler, cleaner, more consistent look of our labeling.”
The new beers are:
• Lefty Lager, named after Excel’s founding father, Edward “Lefty” Meier, this is an all-malt Munich style Helles lager. It’s a classic easy-drinking German beer.
• Eastside IPA is intensely hoppy with notes of lemon zest, grapefruit and pine, a West Coast-style IPA brewed in the East Side.
• Southside Stout is brewed with loads of roasted barley and dark caramel malts combined with citrusy American hops.
• Flash Bang is extremely hoppy and refreshing. This is an unfiltered American wheat beer brewed and dry-hopped exclusively with Amarillo hops.
• Bose Roggen is black lager brewed with 50 percent rye malt and chocolate rye. It’s dark, crisp and smooth.
• Oktoberfest (limited edition) is malty smooth with just enough balancing hop bitterness in the traditional German-style Märzen.
All beers are now available in draft and bottles at selected restaurants, taverns and supermarkets in the greater St. Louis area.
Excel Bottling Company, 488 S. Broadway, Breese, Illinois, 618.526.7159, excelbottling.com
Hungry for more St. Louis food-scene news? Follow us on:
- FACEBOOK: facebook.com/feastmag
- TWITTER: @feastmag
- PINTEREST: pinterest.com/feastmag
- YOUTUBE: youtube.com/FeastMagazine
- INSTAGRAM: @feastmag
Click here to subscribe and each month you'll receive a delicious serving of FEAST delivered directly to your home, hot off the presses!
Subscribe to our weekly enewsletter here!