Feast is seeking experienced journalists and food writers from across the Midwest for print and online freelance opportunities.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate a strong knowledge of the food scene and a passion for cooking, beer, wine, cocktails, restaurants and all-things culinary. A journalism background (or extensive published writing experience) is required.
- Candidates for print stories must:
- Possess a passion for storytelling and feature writing, including long-form and short-form food-focused writing and profile writing
- Be able to conduct in-depth interviews and reporting with accuracy
- Have thorough knowledge of AP style and accurately follow in-house style guides
- Assertively pursue assignment contacts and consistently meet deadlines
- Pitch story ideas and follow leads in collaboration with the editorial team
- Candidates for online stories must have the ability to:
- Independently research, report and break news stories
- Identify interesting trends in the Missouri and Southern Illinois food scene
- Produce clear, concise and accurate stories
- Turn around stories in a timely fashion
- Write short pieces comprehensively
- Follow AP style and accurately follow in-house style guides
To apply, please email a resume, three to five writing samples and three professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls.