The city of Festus, Missouri, is in the center of it all: It's only a 20-minute drive from St. Louis, Kimmswick, and wine countries in Jefferson County and Ste. Genevieve. The charming main street boasts Southern hospitality in its restaurants, bars, boutiques and shops, and the city offers eight kid-friendly parks for fishing, biking along trails, grilling and more.
Starting in May, the city will host events and festivals for lovers of fun, food, music, barbecue, cars and more. Make a weekend getaway of it at any of Festus' four nearby hotels: La Quinta Inns & Suites, Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Quality Inn.
Check out the schedule below, and head to Festus' Facebook page for updates and more info.
Upcoming City of Festus Events:
- May 5: Dirty Dozen Mud Run, West City Park
- Climb, crawl and slip through 12 muddy obstacles in a 2-mile course
- $40 registration through April 13, $50 after
- Ages 13 and up
- Music in the afternoon and night
- click here for details
- June 2: Mayor's Spring Cruise, downtown
- car show before and after
- music after
- June 22-23: 30th-annual Firecracker Festival, West City Park
- June 22: music by Hillbilly Authority, 6 to 10pm
- June 23: music by John McEuen, Scotty Bratcher, Edgar Winter Band, 6 to 10pm
- June 30: Swinging Under the Stars, West City Park
- 6 to 9pm
- featuring The Missouri Big Band (The MOBB)
- July 13-14: BBQ Competition, West City Park