Creamy panna cotta laced with star anise showcases the flavor of the tea. Soft, sweet peaches; vibrant mint; and an unexpected pop from the rice wine vinegar are perfect complements.
Serves | 4 |
- 3 sheets 200 bloom gelatin*
- 2 cups ice water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 tsp milk oolong tea, sealed in a tea bag
- 2 peaches
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
| Preparation | Bloom gelatin in ice water. In a large saucepan, combine cream, milk, ½ cup sugar and star anise. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add tea packet. Remove pan from heat and let tea steep uncovered for 15 minutes. Add gelatin and water mixture and stir until combined and fully dissolved. Pour evenly into four 1-cup serving dishes. (Coffee cups work well for this dish.) Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Just before serving, pit and cut peaches into 1-inch slices. Toss with remaining sugar, mint and rice wine vinegar. Top each panna cotta with peaches and serve.
* Sheet gelatin is available online from King Arthur Flour. Powdered gelatin may be substituted, using a conversion ratio of 7 grams of gelatin per 1 cup of liquid.
Stop by Straub's to pick up more delicious recipes featuring milk oolong. Visit straubs.com for information on its four locations.