Navel oranges add an extra pop of flavor to this hearty salad.
Recipe courtesy Kelly Spencer of The Social Affair Catering & Event Design in St. Louis
Serves | 8 |
- 4 cups fresh kale, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1½ cups fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1½ cups golden raisins
- 1½ cups chopped or slivered toasted almonds
- 1 to 2 navel oranges, cut into segments
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated ricotta salata
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
| Preparation | In a large bowl, add all ingredients except ricotta salata. Massage kale to ensure that everything is well mixed. Add ricotta salata and toss lightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide servings into separate plastic Mason jars with lids.