Serves | 4 to 6 |
- 6 cups turkey stock
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 leeks, washed thoroughly between layers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup assorted mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups arborio rice, rinsed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups shredded roasted turkey
- 8 oz fresh chevre
| Preparation | In a medium saucepan, bring stock to a simmer. In a large pot, heat oil over medium-low heat until small ripples begin to appear. Add leeks, mushrooms and garlic and sauté until soft but not browned. Season with salt and pepper. Add rice and stir to coat. Deglaze the pan with wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Continue to stir until all the wine has cooked into the rice.
Add the simmering stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring frequently and allowing stock to be absorbed between each addition. Continue this process over low heat until rice is al dente. Stir in turkey and chevre, and season again with salt and pepper.