Serves | 4 to 6 |
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup whole milk
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp Boursin, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 oz cave-aged Gruyère, shredded
- 2 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, shredded
- 4 Tbsp chives, divided
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pancetta, cooked and crumbled
| Preparation | Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place potatoes in a pot of cool water with a pinch of salt. Bring water to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes and press through a potato ricer (or mash with fork or manual masher) and return potatoes to pot. Set on low heat. Mix with milk, 3 Tbsp butter, garlic and boursin. Remove from heat and let mashed potatoes cool to approximately 120ºF.
In a small bowl, lightly wisk eggs. Once potatoes are cooled, fold in eggs, shredded cheeses, 2 Tbsp chives and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Grease a soufflé dish with 1 Tbsp butter and fill with potato mixture. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Garnish with remaining chives and crumbled pancetta and serve.