Serves | 4 to 6 |
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 leek, cleaned and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb greens, such as kale, chard, mustard or radish, stems removed
- 1 cup water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs, such as rosemary, sage, thyme or basil
- 6 large heirloom tomatoes
| Preparation | In a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil, shallot, leek and garlic; sauté for 30 seconds. Add greens and sauté until tender. Add water, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste along with fresh herbs. Remove from heat and place in refrigerator to chill.
Preheat your grill. Slice the very bottom of the tomatoes so they are flat and can stand up straight. Cut a well into each tomato, and place 1 to 2 spoonfuls of greens inside. Place on the grill and cover, rotating once during cooking to create hatch marks on the bottoms of the tomatoes. Cook 7 to 15 minutes, depending on tomato size.