Sweet and Salty RumChata Cheesecake Trifle
Serves | 4 to 6 |
- ½ cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup coarsely ground salty pretzels
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp + 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp RumChata Horchata Con Ron
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp whipped cream
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup RumChata Horchata Con Ron
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- chocolate-covered pretzels, for garnish
| Preparation – Cheesecakes | Mix together graham cracker crumbs, pretzels, butter and 2 Tbsp sugar. Press mixture into the bottoms and up the sides of 6 cupcake tins to form a crust. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
Combine cream cheese, RumChata, vanilla extract and remaining sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Fold in whipped cream and spoon the filling into crusts. Return to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
| Preparation – RumChata Cream | In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Add remaining ingredients and beat until the cream holds stiff peaks.
| Preparation – Trifle | Crumble the cheesecakes and place one-third of the crumbles into a trifle bowl. Add one-third of the berries and one-third of the RumChata cream. Repeat until the bowl is filled and garnish with chocolate-covered pretzels.
*RumChata Horchata Con Ron can be found in most liquor stores and grocery store liquor departments.
Adding spirits to sauces, soups, vinaigrettes and desserts is a great way to bring depth of flavor to some of your favorite recipes. Check out more dishes featuring spirits in Spirited Cooking.