The owners of Local Harvest Grocery, Café, & Catering announced some big news this afternoon: two major expansion projects to support their mission of making the St. Louis region a local food community.
Here are details on what’s in the works from an email we received from the owners shortly before 1pm today:
Expansion Project No. 1: Local Harvest Grocery, Café, & Catering Kirkwood
Grand-opening target: Wed., Aug. 1
Location: 12309 Old Big Bend Road, in the space formerly occupied by McDonnell’s Market
Goal: To expand the availability of locally sourced foods in the St Louis region. “This is an important step in our mission: Building a Local Food Community,” owner say.
- More than 6,000 square feet of retail space featuring a full line of grocery, meat, dairy, produce, and baked goods from local, organic, and sustainable sources.
- Café seating for 40 diners with offerings of breakfast, lunch, simple dinner menus and weekend brunch
- Catering services for everything from corporate box lunches to full-service dinners
- Large selection of prepared foods using locally sourced, seasonal ingredients
- St Louis’ premier collection of local and sustainably produced beer, wine and spirits
"Local Harvest Grocery, Café & Catering, working with Doug Howard of Howard Commercial Real Estate, is happy to be moving into the McDonnell’s Market space and to carry on the tradition of community involvement and support," owners say. "The location, just off of Interstate 270, is an ideal location for many area farmers to deliver to will create more demand for their product. The new store will dramatically increase the accessibility to fresh, locally grown produce in the area."
Expansion Project No. 2: Local Café & Catering Downtown
Grand-opening target: Sun., July 1
Location: Old Post Office Downtown in the space previously occupied by Pasta House Pronto on the corner of Locust and 9th Street
Goal: To enhance the fresh and healthy food options Downtown and to offer an event space to be used with Local Harvest’s catering offerings
- Located in the Old Post Office with seating for up to 100
- Delicious breakfast and lunch served Monday to Friday, popular brunch menu served on weekends
- Catering services for everything from corporate box lunches to hot lunches, to full-service dinners and weddings
- Event space for private and special events available every evening with seating for up to 100
- Menu based on seasonal and locally sourced ingredients, with 50 percent of menu coming from local sources