Clarksville destination's signature event - the Third Annual Luv Luv Farm Festival - promises to deliver yet again this year with exclusive tastings and demos from top chefs, a barbecue competition, live music and local craftspeople.
Overlook Farm, a 325-acre working farm bordering the Mississippi River in Clarksville, Mo., and featuring a farm-to-table restaurant, The Station, and two historic inns, is hosting the event from Fri., Aug. 10, to Sun., Aug., 12.
During the full weekend of activities, chefs from around the region will participate in multi-course dinners, cooking demonstrations and a barbecue competition, preparing extravagant and inventive fare (including vegetarian/vegan options). Festival-goers will have the opportunity to visit and dine with chefs while sipping fresh-from-the-garden cocktails, touring the beautiful farm grounds, enjoying live entertainment and perusing the works of local artists and craftspeople.
“This is not your typical barbecue festival,” says Overlook Farm proprietor Nathalie Pettus. "We have grown the festival this year to include all aspects of the farm and offer something for everyone. This is a culinary experience like no other in the region."
A charitable component has also been added to this year's event, with a silent auction and fundraiser being held to benefit Chefs4Students. Chefs4Students is a non-profit organization that raises scholarship funds for culinary students in need of financial support.
"Chefs4Students is an organization near and dear to my heart," says Overlook Farm's new chef Michael Polcyn. "There are a lot of amazing, budding chefs that could be superstars with the right education, and Chefs4Students helps them get there; it's a win-win for the entire culinary community."
In addition to Polcyn, this year’s lineup of talented chefs also includes:
- Chris Desens, Hickey College of Culinary Arts, St. Louis
- Wes Johnson, independent chef, St. Louis
- John Stuhlman, Moonrise Hotel, St. Louis
- Julie Ridlon, Julie's Catering, St. Louis
- Scott Smith, Overlook Farm, Clarksville, Mo.
- Dave Nelson, Chefs4Students, Steamboat Springs, Colo.
- Ben Welch, culinary services, St. Louis
The schedule of events:
Fri., Aug. 10
• Multi-course dinner prepared by guest chefs: $65 per person, excluding alcohol, tax, and gratuity. Reservations recommended.
• Live music featuring Reno Spring Ramblers and more from 6 to 11 pm
• Barbecue festival and cook-off beginning at 11am on the event lawn:
- Festival sampling and cocktails available
- Barbecue competition judging at 4pm and winner announcement at 5pm
• Silent auction benefiting Chefs4Students from 4 to 6pm
• Farm demo tent from noon to 3pm including chef cooking demonstrations, farm animals and local artisans
• Live music by Adam Johnson and the Black Tie Affair in the courtyard from 6 to 11 pm
• Multi-course dinner prepared by guest chefs: $65 per person, excluding alcohol, tax and gratuity
Sun., Aug. 12
• Bluegrass festival featuring area musicians from noon to 4pm
• Chef’s band featuring Chef Mike Polcyn and Friends
For more information on Overlook Farm and the Third Annual Luv Luv Farm Festival, visit overlookfarmmo.com.
Overlook Farm, 901 South Hwy 79, Clarksville, Mo., 573.242.3838, overlookfarmmo.com