In celebration of National Rainier Cherry Day on Wed., July 11, Northwest Cherries has commissioned one standout restaurant in each state to create a unique menu item featuring Rainier cherries, regarded for their crisp bite, pale yellow flesh and sweet flavor.
Thirteen regional restaurants will showcase the cherries Midwestern-style on that day, with Annie Gunn’s representing Missouri. Each restaurant will receive about $400 worth of free Rainier cherries to play with and incorporate on their menus. Dishes so far range from cherry-infused cocktails and brews to Rainier cherry compotes.
In addition to Annie Gunn’s, the following Midwest restaurants are participating:
- Recess, Indianapolis, Ind., Executive Chef Greg Hardesty
- North Pond, Chicago, Ill., General Manager Rian Hill
- Centro, Des Moines, Iowa, Executive Chef George Formaro
- Tavern In The Village, Prairie Village, Kan., Executive Chef Lon Froneberger
- Coach Insignia, Detroit, Mich., Executive Chef Kevin Green
- St. Paul Grill, St. Paul, Minn., Executive Chef Adam Bartos
- The Grey Plume, Omaha, Neb., Executive Chef Clayton Chapman
- HoDo Restaurant, Fargo, N.D., Executive Chefs Ryan Nitsche & Nick Weinhandl
- Cheever’s, Oklahoma City, Okla., Executive Chef Brian McGrew
- Refectory, Columbus, Ohio, Executive Chef Richard Blondin
- Minervas, Sioux Falls, S.D., Executive Chef Chad Howard
- Motor Bar & Restaurant, Milwaukee, Wis., Executive Chef Kirk Wright
For more information on Northwest Cherries’ tree-to-table campaign, visit nwcherries.com/treetotable.
Annie Gunn's, 6806 Chesterfield Airport Road, Chesterfield, 636.532.3314, anniegunns.com