Want to broaden the culinary horizons of the little ones in your life? This summer, L’Ecole Culinaire chefs will be teaching children ages 8 to 14 how to prepare beverages, pizza, sandwiches, cookies, pasta, chocolates, salads and salad dressings, scones and muffins, breads and after-school snacks.
L’Ecole Academy’s Young Chef Cooking program is scheduled for three one-week sessions from 8am to 12:30pm daily from June 25 to June 29, July 9 to 13 and July 23 to 27.
Students will spend two hours cooking in the Savory Kitchen and two hours in the Baking Kitchen with a 30-minute break for clean-up. Enrollment is $200 per session or $50 per class and includes food and materials.
Classes will be taught at the L’Ecole Culinaire Academy for Culinary Development in Olivette. Class size is limited, so early registration is preferred.
The class schedule and descriptions:
- Monday: Beverages: kids will learn how to prepare fresh fruit smoothies and learn juicing techniques to make their own freshly squeezed lemonade. Pizza: students will learn how to shape pizza dough out of freshly made focaccia dough, make pizza sauce and cook their own individual pizzas.
- Tuesday: Sandwiches: introduction to the classic grilled ham and cheese, and Chicken Caesar Wraps. Cookies: students are taught to make the best chocolate chip, sugar and oatmeal raisin cookies around.
- Wednesday: Fresh pasta: kids will be taught how to make fresh linguine pasta. To accent the pasta, they will also be taught to make a Bolognese and béchamel sauce. Chocolates: chefs teach the basics of tempering chocolate, dipping fruits and making truffles
- Thursday: Salads and Salad Dressings: kids will learn to make Caesar dressing, soba noodle salad with orange soy vinaigrette and chicken salad. Scones and muffins: Chefs will teach creating and baking chocolate chip scones, blueberry muffins.
- Friday: After school snacks: kids will be taught to make their own fresh-made granola, “ants” on a log, real chicken nuggets and soft pretzels.
To register for this summer class, visit lecoleacademy.com, or call 314.264.1999.
L'Ecole Culinaire Academy for Culinary Development, 9200 Olive Blvd., Suite 108, Olivette, 314.264.1999, lecoleacademy.com